Who are we?
We are Essex Law Limited
How do we collect information from you?
We collect Personal Data from you:
- When you take a service or product from us.
- When you contact us, or if you have replied to a communication from us.
What type of information is collected from you?
- contact details;
- date of birth;
- employment details;
- payment details;
- bank details;
- email details.
How is your information used?
We use your information so that:
- We can identify you when you contact us.
- We can identify accounts and services you may have from us.
- We can offer you other products.
- We can prevent and detect fraud or loss.
- We can check your information with fraud prevention agencies. If you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect that there may be fraud we will record this.
- We can improve your account administration.
- We undertake marketing analysis.
Do you record calls?
Who has access to your information?
- all our staff;
- third parties including police or government agencies should they request it;
- if any officials request it for legal proceedings;
- solicitors if our invoices remains unpaid and we pursue you in court;
- if our company and all of its assets are bought by a third party your personal data will also be transferred to this third party;
- if we need to pass on personal data to others so that we can collect debts that are owed;
- third parties who provided us with any outsourcing admin services.
Which third parties specifically see my data?
These companies process your data:
- Lawfusion (software provider)
- Transactive (payment provider)
- Allied Factors (software provider)
- ALPH L&C Limited (third party admin provider)
Do you sell data?
Can I change my mind about marketing
You can change your mind at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I update and access my information?
Please email us at email@example.com heading ‘Change my data’ – we will also write to you annually.
What security do you have to protect my data?
We have a very strict policy on protecting your Personal Data:
- We make sure we do thorough checks on everyone we work with.
- We use encrypted software.
- Our software providers continually test our systems to see whether it can be penetrated by malicious software and outside third parties looking to steal data. Our regulators expect us to do this to ensure our systems are secure.
Do you buy data?
Do we profile your information?
What age must I be?
Essex Law Limited
ICO No. ZA513967